Here are important guidelines for trapping of feral cats.
- Set the trap at the cats’ normal feeding time.
- Place the food in the very back of the trap.
- Monitor the trap frequently.
- NEVER TRAP AFTER DARK.
- Once a cat is trapped, immediately cover the trap with a blanket or towel to help him/her calm down. Place the cat and trap on newspaper in a quiet safe place where the temperature will remain at a comfortable level.
- NEVER attempt to transfer a trapped cat to another container.
- Do not trap mother cats with kittens less than 4 weeks old unless you are going to bottle feed the babies.